Monday 18 March 2013

IN THE FLESH: A Review




There is nothing I love to watch more than flesh eating, muscle tearing zombies.

So when I heard that a new three-part zombie drama was starting on BBC Three, I just had to have a look.

But In The Flesh is a little different to your average brain biting flick.

Set four years after the outbreak, In The Flesh follows the life of zombie teenager Kieran Walker (Luke Newberry), who is treated, rehabilitated and then released back into society, along with many others. This causes uproar within Kieran’s local community, and a number of villagers set out to rid society of the “rotters”.

What I like about In The Flesh is that it’s creative and unique, and injects fresh air into the undead realm. It’s also produced in such a way that it appeals to a wide audience, with its drama meets zombie approach. It focuses on the relationships between characters, whilst also including spells of gory action.

Admittedly though, as boyish as it sounds, part of me is hoping that the “rotters” will turn evil again and we will get to witness a zombie apocalypse. I doubt it will take this approach, but I wouldn't rule it out. After getting a brief glimpse at next week’s episode, it does seem like things will start to heat up.

Overall, I’d say In The Flesh is worth a watch. I doubt I’d see out a whole series consisting of 20+ episodes, but as it’s only a three-part drama, there’s no harm in seeing how it ends. It does, after all, fall under the ‘zombie’ subcategory!










You can watch In The Flesh on Sundays at 10pm on BBC Three, or catch up here on iPlayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment